Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fudge

Fine.  I will admit it.  I used to sneak fudge out of the pan after my Mom had cooled it and hide under my bed to savor in its delicious fudginess.   And no, this wasn’t last year!  I was so little that I don’t know how old I was.  I just remember it was worth hiding and later itching and scratching from the allergic reaction.

But that was then and I don’t remember what it tasted like.  All I have is now.  Fudge tastes like a chocolate marshmallow dream; a dream because it’s so creamy and melts in your mouth so quickly that you have to wonder if you imagined it happening at all.  The only way to find out is to eat another piece and start the process all over again and repeat until you are left with an empty tin.

Now sure this is a problem because of all the calories, but for me it's a problem because store bought chocolate including baking chocolate has soy in it.  I've read different accounts regarding the degree that people are allergic to soy lecithin.  Some experts say that people are only allergic to soy protein and not the oil or lecithin; however, other experts disagree.  I'm not an expert and I'm not going to pretend to have the answer, so I just have to be careful and not over do it. 

As with my first admission, I'm still sneaking fudge.  I'm just not hiding under the bed to eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment