Tuesday, July 21, 2015

7 Foods for 7 Days: Day 4

Breakfast and lunch were the same as usual, so nothing to report.  I am getting tired of eating peanuts though.  Honestly, I don’t think they like me any more than I like them.  But it is already day 4, so I know that I can make it the rest of the week!
Dinner
I decided to let the 7 things inspire me and I came up with a delicious idea: fried brown rice with coconut aminos (my substitute soy sauce).
chicken and spinach!  I boiled the rice in water and chicken broth, browned the chicken in the wok, set the chicken aside, and then fried the rice in the same skillet so that the salty chicken pieces coated the rice.  I chopped up some spinach and added it to the mix with some salt and pepper.  I didn’t even miss the

Dessert
I had a rough day and I really wanted to bake something.  I know you’re probably thinking that I can’t possibly bake with only 7 things, but if you want something bad enough you’ll find a way to get it.  And so I got it!  I made up a recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Cookies inspired by the real recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies.  This is one of my favorite recipes because I haven’t followed it yet!  I always make substitutions and changes and the cookies always come out different yet delicious.


Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
1 banana, mashed
3 T peanut butter
1 T olive oil
¾ cup rice flour
¼ tsp salt

I mixed all of the ingredients together, let the dough sit for 10 minutes, considered not baking them and putting them in the refrigerator, but decided to bake at 325 for about 20 minutes.  They came out like soft little naturally sweet cookies, real cookies, not like puffy like cake cookies, or crunchy cracker cookies, but real cookies!  I will definitely make these again.

I’m glad that I decided to embark on the journey of 7 things because it has forced me to tap into my creativity and actually create something rather than just think about creating something!


No comments:

Post a Comment